Obtain an ESCS Application Kit by downloading each of the forms below or from the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd.
The Application Kit includes:
These documents (with the exception of the DEWHA fact sheets) can also be obtained in Chinese. Please click the relevant links below for the Chinese version.
All sections on the Application Form should be completed. Applicants must read and sign the Declaration Section on the Application Form in front of a witness and get the witness to sign and complete their details.
The Declaration Section has the following components:
- authority for AACMA to make enquiries as it deems relevant about the information/documents supplied with the application from third parties, including but not limited to institution(s) or organisations listed on the form or in any attached documents;
- agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of certification under the scheme as outlined in the Applicant Information Sheet;
- agreement to receive information and updates about the legislative framework, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and the requirements for legal international wildlife trade;
- declaration that the person/business will trade only in legally acquired wildlife parts and products and that medicines and other products derived from the illegal trade in endangered plants and animals will not be supplied by the business or from the premises;
- agreement to be subject to the Disciplinary Committee (or its successor) of the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd in relation to complaints under the scheme;
- agreement to the release of personal information to the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts about certification issued under the scheme as well as the details of any complaints related to the scheme; and
- declaration that the information submitted on the form and in any documents attached with, or submitted later as part of, the application are truthful and correct to the best of the applicant's knowledge and belief and that the applicant has signed the form willingly after reading the attached Applicant Information Sheet, Wildlife brochure and related materials.
All questions on the Certification Examination should be completed by the applicant, after reading the ESCS materials and the Instructions on the Certification Examination. Each page of the Certification Examination should be signed by the applicant. The Declaration Section of the Certification Examination must be signed in front of a witness and the witness must sign and complete their details.
The Anonymous Questionnaire will be separated from the application and sent directly to the DEWHA. No identifying information about the applicant or their organisation will be recorded by AACMA or forwarded to the Department in relation to the Anonymous Questionnaire.
A non-refundable Application Fee of $165.00 (including GST) applies to each application and is payable with the application. The Application Fee for AACMA members is waived. A discounted Application Fee of $82.50 will apply to the first 200 applications received from non-members of AACMA, including traders and researchers.
The above materials, when completed, should be forwarded with the Application Fee to the AACMA national office, and be addressed as follows:
TCM Endangered Species Certification Scheme
PO Box 1635
COORPAROO DC QLD 4151
When received, AACMA will process the application as follows:
- undertake an initial document check to ensure all materials have been submitted;
- issue a Tax Invoice for any payment;
- forward a letter of acknowledgement with an application number;
- undertake an assessment of your answers to the questions on the Certification Examination;
- provide feedback and/or request re-submission of the Certification Examination if required;
- determine eligibility according to the published criteria;
- forward the Anonymous Questionnaire to DEWHA.
Ginseng photo credit: Allan Crawford, Traffic International; Musk photo credit: Sue Earl & Greg Miles